Holidays....

I am a HUGE fan of the holidays and my birthday kicks off the festivities, I love it! But, what I'm not a fan of is the stress that comes from what is supposed to be a great and wonderful time. I usually make my Christmas gifts. There was a time when I had no money, I mean none, I was close to being evicted, utilities were shut off and my best friend was making me care packages and I had to move out of the house I was renting quickly and my boyfriend at the time was no help. He actually got fired from his job and went into a severe depression and well, that was that.

So, I made my own ornaments and I loved them. They were little boots and stars, made out of harden clay, which I actually used flour, salt and water and cream of tartar. So, non-edible. But, since then, because money was so scarce, I silently vowed I would start making gifts and Christmas things. I'm not working my practice this month, so that means no additional money coming in, and I'm making edible gifts this year. But, it can be so stressful, can't it? I'm on my feet in the kitchen what seems like non-stop. I've got my head in a cook book or my eyes scanning the internet looking for delicious and quick little recipes and I feel like I'm missing out on the Christmas fun. Oh, I've got my music playing holiday music non-stop, but, I'm tired and I'm stressed.

I realized this morning, and the reason for this blog, I don't have to be stressed. There is power in realizing the joy and the happiness is still there and it hasn't left, and I don't have to be in the kitchen or on the internet, again today, not unless I am doing something totally unrelated to the holiday. What an empowering feeling. I am free to make choices and decisions and if things don't ALL get done, well, the truth is, maybe it wasn't all that necessary to beginning with.

Next week is Christmas and the following week is New Year's Eve. Stop and take a moment and reflect on this past year and try to be satisfied with where you are right now in your life, good, bad or indifferent. You can't change what has already happened, but, you can definitely change the present, so that your future will be just a little bit brighter. Enjoy this moment and recognize you do have the power and its in them shoes!

Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment