Power in Providing, Power in Gratitude

I do hope you receive the message in this post today. I felt moved to write this.

I've been grappling with the feeling of responsibility lately. Even had a conversation with my personal therapist about this recently, too.

I consider myself a very responsible person. I had my first car when I was 16 and quickly got a job, though I didn't have to, my parents never said I had to have one. I followed all the rules and tried not to break any laws that would cause me to go to jail or prison and I can say I've don't pretty well for myself. Several years later, in 2011 I lost my job, lost my car and my apartment. But I stayed faithful and ended up with two jobs, two cars and two houses the following year. I then realized recently, I have two cars and a house in my name without having any money, all because I have stayed faithful.

Yet, I learned something even BIGGER! I was "rewarded" these very things because staying faithful, I Provided for someone else. My room mate is a veteran, who was medically discharged from the Army with a seizure disorder. He opened his home to me when I lost mine and my job and because of this, not only did I have my family, I had him, as well. But, now, its time for me to be responsible for him, not just myself, financially, and I have been finding this to be a struggle. I have been presented numerous times with opportunities to open a private practice in my current city and I have been dragging my feet, even while in the process, I am dragging my feet, kicking and screaming, "NO! I won't do it!" But, God is awesome in reminding me of my plight two years prior and that I remained faithful to him and he Provided for me, it is now my turn to pay it forward.

I feel empowered and not powerless and I don't believe during the time when I lost everything did I feel powerless, I believe then I felt more empowered to see things clearly and not be bogged down by the responsibilities, and, now, I am able to provide for someone who went out of his way to help me, because I was there for him one night he collapsed and he subsequently opened his house for me. Most people would have said we are now even, but, our friendship is greater than that and I am able to provide him with God's love and be his support. It doesn't matter what you provide for others, as long as its POSITIVE. When you give to someone in need or when you help someone who is struggling just the same as you are, there is Power in the Gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment