Power of discernment and to act

I've been thinking about the book I wrote, Kiss to Betrayal Coming Through Emotional and Mental Abuse (shameless plug, I know). I've been thinking about the relationship I endured for twelve years. It was a relationship of convenience, one in which I chose to stay and one that I thought was the best thing for me.

I am currently working on another book named Three A.M. Conversations with God and one of the things that brought my train of thought to the first book was discernment. Right now, I am going with the dictionary meaning of having keen insight or judgement. In that 12 year relationship, my insight or judgment was impaired due to a blind love I had for a man who only loved with conditions, limits, boundaries and rules. It wasn't until towards the end of the relationship did I pray for discernment, the true ability to trust my insight and judgement and for the strength to act upon what I knew to be the truth.

The power of discernment is very strong. We all have it and from time to time we use it, but, we have moments in our lives that there appears to be a lapse in judgment. I have no regrets over the relationship because I learned from it and I grew and matured because of it. And because I prayed for and received discernment, I can trust that it won't go away, I just need to trust myself and believe that I have the strength and fortitude to break out of the unpleasantness of a relationship, if it isn't right for me.

If you are struggling in a relationship and you aren't certain what you should do, believe you have the ability to discern what is good and what isn't working for you. Then trust that you are empowered to make a move, to act and get out of the relationship or at least make a choice to work at making it better. Remember, the power is in them shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment