How powerful is waiting?

Its becoming that time of year again, when the weather starts to change, and if we're lucky, there is snow on  the ground, or its raining and the wind is blowing, all depending on where in the world you are residing.

Its the 4th of December here in California and the weather is changing, and, I've decided to get a jump on my Christmas baking and gift giving, doing a lot of "dry" runs on baking, making sure everything taste right before I make that batch of cookies and deliver them. There seems to be a theme running this year with me. Last year, I made home made gifts and burned my forearm on the iron. This year happens to be no different, I am making home made gifts and I burned BOTH hands holding melted sugar....I know, I know...I wasn't thinking and now I have a huge blister in the middle of my palm, of my right hand. The swelling has gone down quite a bit, I am able to type, but, it has become a nuisance.

This all has brought me to stop and think about some things. For my private practice I am having to wait to have my license renewed before I can continue seeing clients, so, that means, I get a "vacation". I've also been sick and that has caused me to slow down a bit as well, and now I burned my hands, and for several days, I've had to stop and slow down and let someone else help me. Waiting. I'm not a fan of it, yet, I've been told I am one of the most patient people in the world, I'm really not a huge fan of waiting and relying on others, including my own body to heal. Silly, I know, but, I also think there are others of you out there who have the same frustration. I knew that the license renewal was/is going to take some time, and I am okay with the waiting, but, being in pain and not feeling well can bring on additional stress because there is so much that needs to be done, and I don't have time to sit and HEAL.

I challenge you to stop in the next few days, even the next few weeks, and allow yourself to heal. No matter what it is that you are going through, no matter whether it is trying to stop smoking or drinking, or you are frustrated because something didn't go right for you, or if you are working through a broken relationship and it doesn't matter who that happens to be with give yourself some time to heal. Allow God or the Universe to work their "magic" and heal your body and soul. But, you've got to sit and be still and wait, even if that means allowing someone to take care of you or handle whatever it is that needs to be done. The power is in waiting and you are empowered to do it. Then once you are healthy and happy, again, you will have the strength to carry on and complete all those tasks that you thought were so important.

Remember, there is power in them shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment