What are you NOT taking into 2014?



"Keep tight inside of them—their magic must be very powerful, or she wouldn't want them so badly!" -Glinda
She was speaking of Dorothy in the ruby slippers.
What is it with women and shoes? I often hear this. My fiance and I have had this discussion before and its a non-winning battle for him. As I've gotten older, I have slowed down purchasing as many, but, I would buy shoes anytime I needed to be lifted up. Much like some women will cut their hair after a break up, I would buy shoes. Most of my shoes are in boxes, and I have worn them and will continue to do so, and I have a few that I needed space in my closet and I had to give up the box.
The quote from Glinda the Good Witch in the Wizard of Oz, one of my all-time favorite movies, by the way, seems to be speaking on several different levels. We all know the story of the Wizard of Oz and Dorothy's power to go back home. But. if we think about this quote and apply it to what is going on in our own lives, right now, we have our own ruby red slippers that are magical and powerful. Its what I have been saying all along with this blog. You will always have the power and the magic to make your life however you choose. You have the power to be happy and have the peace that you have been searching for, or believing that you are missing.
Power has always been in your shoes. You are your own power and you can create your own magic in your life.
Think about this. What is it that you don't want to take with you in the new year? I wrote about this on my Facebook page, Mindful Coaching and Therapy. I've decided I don't want to take procrastination with me into the new year. I am always putting off things that can easily be completed. I have become lackadaisical in my thoughts and actions, so I've taken action and have decided this next year will be very different and I know I have the ability, the power, if you will, to make that happen. I don't and can't rely on others to do it for me. This is my life, these are my goals, my dreams, my wants and desires. I have the ability to make it happen. People are going to want to take your power, don't give it to them, don't let them steal your dreams, goals, wants or desires. If they have wronged you, don't allow them to continue to hold themselves over you, you are the one in control, you are the one with the strength to stand on your own two feet, in your own "red ruby" slippers and you alone hold the power to make the changes for yourself.

Remember the power is in them shoes.









No comments:

Post a Comment